Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lucchini Cakes & Coffee

When I want a really nice Coffee and Cake, I don't need Myrtle to show me the way -  I head straight to Lucchini in either High Street Preston or to their stall at the Preston Market.

I don't know anywhere else where I can get a Passion fruit Cream Éclair.
They are so fresh that the choux pastry shatters and is then held together by the generous amount of fresh passion-fruit flavoured cream. (No fake cream used here!)

My coffee wasn't half bad either.

The Shop in High Street, is a cosy affair with plenty of 'tables for two' along the walls that are hung with artwork.  And - if you lift your eyes to the space above the front window you will be intrigued by the assortment of ......um....stuff!
The Staff are always friendly and who could resist coming in when their sense of humour is planted firmly on the front door!

As for their stall at the Preston Market -Situated in the Deli Hall, it has an entirely different atmosphere.
And is a good idea to grab a seat inside early in your visit to the Market as space is limited, but the cakes are not!!



Update - They are now open Sundays!




www.lucchinicakes.com.au

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous idea for a blog Wendy!! I have coffee out so much I could probably post each day..love it!

    ReplyDelete