Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cafe Che Vita Bella

Saturday Morning saw us heading down High Street Preston in search of somewhere different.  We passed 2 or 3 cafe's that I have been meaning to stop at - but unfortunately, they seem not interested in the Saturday breakfast customer and we were met by closed doors and darkened interiors.

Cafe Che Vita Bella was open and ready for business.  The staff were friendly and initially attentive. The Genovese Coffee was good.  DH commented that his strong flat white was ' A decent cup' - high praise indeed, he reported it to be Full Bodied, Smooth and not burnt - Great! ticked all the boxes - unfortunately they missed out on a second coffee order from DH because they were not paying attention.
His standard Cafe order of a Mushroom Omelet was large and fluffy and packed with flavour. Which brings me to my order...
As I have said before - my test for the worth of a Cafe's brekkie menu is the quality of their Poached Eggs on Toast.

OH DEAR!
I could see we had problems when I ordered as there was no dressing mentioned on the menu.  I could add extras like mushroom or bacon but no Hollandaise and none offered when I asked.
The Eggs arrived with the glowing report that they were fantastic as they were fresh from the grower, and I was offered cracked Pepper to taste.  The Toast was perfectly toasted and there was plenty of it.
BUT - Where was the garnish?  One small sprig of parsley was insufficient to cut the cloying eggy taste which stayed with me all day.
And why oh why do you serve Free Range eggs only to cook them in the confines of a silicone mould?







Che Vita Bella
523 High Street
PRESTON  VIC 3072

Licenced
EFTPOS available

No comments:

Post a Comment