Sunday, May 5, 2013

Charlie's at La Trobe University

I have been hearing a LOT about 'Leo' over the years from DD who has had ample opportunity to check out ALL of the Coffee shops at La Trobe Uni during her time there doing 2 degrees and a Phd.
Leo, works at Charlie's and I understand makes the best coffee on Campus.

So - when I had cause to visit the University recently I  just had to see for myself.
I must admit that arriving between lectures gave me a good indication as to how this team works.
I was initially dismayed at the sight of the queue outside and I was told "No Mum - those people are waiting for their orders...."  I was then led inside where one lass took our order (greeting DD by name).
We then went to join the others and in no more than 10 minutes, while I watched Coffee after Coffee and the occasional Tea being dispatched efficiently to the waiting throng, had our Coffees and were on the way to find a shady/quiet seat to enjoy them.

And for the actual brew... Not bad at all, but next time I won't ask for a weak one!





No comments:

Post a Comment