Friday, September 12, 2014

Jam and Cream

Quirky, Quaint, Curious ...
Jam and Cream is all of the above - It is also Heidelberg Heights best kept secret!

I have driven past this address for years while it languished as an unfinished derelict shop in a small access street off Kingsbury Drive.  Six months ago I stopped at the Shoe Shop next door and was drawn to the curious window decoration of the now established Cafe.



Once inside I was immediately transported back to my Grandmother's kitchen and the glorious memories of her baking Swiss Roll (just for me) and Scones, and my Grandfather sitting at the table with his newspaper so carefully arranged before him.



Each of the tables, decoupaged with themes from long gone magazines and newspapers and numbered with Scrabble tiles gave us plenty to peruse while we waited for our scones to be made.

Every batch made to order from Scratch - so many to choose from,
Sweet ones named for Ladies - savoury for Gents we just couldn't decide and then we spied at the bottom of the menu the "Can't decide?" option. - 10 different flavours tasting plate with tea for two - PERFECT!



I have been back since this first visit - bringing my parents for a special birthday lunch (after a certain age - every birthday is special!) And once again I just could not decide which delicacies to indulge in.

A word of warning - If you are in a hurry you may have to miss out on the scones as they do take 35-40 minutes to get to the table - But OH they are worth the wait!


Jam and Cream
1 Orr Street
Heidelberg Heights Vic 3081

(03) 9457 3356
Open:
Tuesday - Sunday 9:30 - 4:00
Due to it's popularity - Booking is advisable especially on Weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment