Monday, September 29, 2014

Ruby's

Nestled in a small pocket of shops, at the Bell Street end of Nicholson Street Coburg is Ruby's.

This little shop fills a gap in the local Coffee scene as there are no other cafe's in the immediate area. Parking is limited to a few spaces in the side street, but is easily accessed by bicycle from the Merry Trail or the No 1 Tram stops outside the door.

Coffee on offer was Padre Coffee, which is locally roasted in Brunswick, and cakes were inhouse made. The staff were quietly spoken and very pleasant.

For my reviews, I can only comment on what we were served.
My Fruit cake, beautifully presented with Greek Yoghurt and Strawberries, was unfortunately dry. The strawberries were mushy and I suspect, thawed frozen*. On the other hand my companion's Blueberry muffin was overly moist.

I noticed another customer being served an enormous plate of scrambled eggs, but as there was no menu or price list on display on the wall or tables, we had no idea as to what else was on offer, or what we could afford.

Also, with precious little change from $20.00 for 2 Coffees and Cake I found it too expensive for my budget.
Will I be back? - No.





Rubys
138 Nicholson Street
COBURG 3058





Footnote:
At the time of this review - fresh Strawberries were plentiful, large, packed full of flavour and cheap, which makes me wonder why it is necessary to serve anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment