Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Degani's at Northcote Plaza

Anyone would think by the lack of posts that I haven't been out much... But the reality of it is that life sometimes is so busy, the 'pop down the road for a coffee' is just that - A coffee on the run while to get your head around what you have to do next.

Yesterday was one of those days - Myrtle and I were out shopping for a birthday gift and found ourselves down at Northcote Plaza (cnr Separation Street & High Street Northcote).  This place hasn't changed much since it was built, but there are renovations in progress and it was pleasant to find a shiny new Degani's Restaurant around the back at the new entrance, with a view of the adjoining Park.

The venue was warm and welcoming and the staff were pleasant - with perhaps the exception of the waiter, who covered the fact he served my coffee to the wrong table by implying that I had moved!

My coffee was warm and creamy, and comforting for a cold day.  Was it made correctly? With a wee bit too much foam for a Latte and no Crema - I'd say not.  The croissant which was full of almonds would have been nicer had it been warmed for a few seconds in their Pizza oven and not 'nuked' in the microwave.

Would I return?  If I was in the area... and wanting an upmarket warm place to have a meal.  (The chairs were very comfortable.) As for the coffee?  There are other cafe's in the complex that have been around a lot longer.  Maybe I'll check them out next time!

1 comment:

  1. Kia-ora Wendy--I am enjoying your coffee stops and the way you write them up-- I well remember our High Tea together one of the highlights of our time in Melbourne
    Jan NZ

    ReplyDelete