Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Now THAT wasn't on the Calender

Regular visitors (to my Aussie Kilted Quilter Blog) will be aware that I have a LOT on my calendar this year. Things were settling into a plan (of sorts) and I was thinking 'Yes I CAN do this'.  And then DD came home and said....
"Mum - I need to go to a Conference - Will you come with me?"

To many of my readers it is a common occurrence to pack bags "Jump on a 'plane" and end up somewhere else - BUT....
believe it or not ...
I have never flown ...
anywhere ...
before ...

You may well guess by the photo that this is NOT a 'local' conference.

Now, I love going on adventures and this is going to be one BIG adventure.
I have worked out that by the time I get back home 
I will have flown 35,000 km  
on 9 different types of Aircraft, 
cooling my heels in 7 different airports, 
over the space of 17 days.
And I have been reliably informed that I will be travelling through ...
a Gazillion timezones!

I realise that it would be daft to go all that way, just to go to a conference. Without seeing anything - other than the insides of airports and the conference venue (albeit a very NICE conference venue). Therefore, I have planned a little side trip to visit an Internet Friend on the way. 

So folks .. in a little over Three Weeks DD and I will be on our way to Alabama then on to Michigan!

AND - If anyone has any hints on what to do in an airport for 8 hours - your comments will be appreciated!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment