Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Welcome Stop

I wasn't planning to be on the road on Thursday, but one thing led to another and Myrtle and I and DS#2 had an unexpected trip to Berwick.  A trip that is made a lot quicker if you take Eastlink. I just love driving this road and never begrudge the toll. What I like even more is the new Truck Stop that they have opened on the Northbound road.

It is HUGE! and a very welcome sight indeed when you have just been battling the Monash Freeway with a cross-wind.
Inside is a very spacious area for sitting and enjoying a coffee from the Cafe just inside the door.  There is the standard Servo shop too - just in case you have run out of TicTacs or need some Jelly Beans to get you through the rest of your trip.

There is an enclosed indoor playground for the Kids to let off some energy after having some MacDonalds or KFC and space for 2 more "Exciting New Food Retailers" which are 'coming soon'.
In addition to the very clean toilets (well I can only comment on the Ladies room) there is also a Lounge and Shower facilities for our Truckies.

I would have placed a photo of my Coffee - but it is really difficult to capture the true 'soul' of a coffee that is served in a brown cardboard cup with a plastic lid.  (Note to self: Remember to bring my own Mug!)
For my tastes - it was a nice smooth coffee, and I will be happy to come back. Whether the Connoisseurs in the family like it - well, we will have to take a trip somewhere so they can taste for themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment