Sunday, October 14, 2012

8 days

Walking down High Street Armidale against a bitterly cold wind I was intrigued by the sight of a basket containing an assortment of Red and Grey fleece Wraps just sitting against the doorway of 8 days.

My first thought was, as I scurried inside, Who left that there?  Of course, when leaving I realised, as I pulled my collar up against the cold that they had been left out to warm the patrons who chose to dine outside.  What a lovely thoughtful gesture!


Inside the cafe is usually quite busy, yet the staff are always pleasant and where as I was not noticed when I came in and sat - after surveying the bounty in the cake cabinet, it was not long before  was greeted and my order taken.  As I waited for my Coffee and warm Flourless Orange Cake to arrive - I watched as the wait staff skillfully negotiated the tables carrying plates full of the most wonderful looking and smelling food.


As far as the coffee is concerned.  You have TWO choices.  Basically- if you ask for anything with milk - you get the House Bend 5 Senses 'Crompton Road' and all other Coffees are served the Single Origin "Guest Roaster of the Month" this month it is Panama Hortigal.

Would I return? ...  I always do - whenever I am passing.

Hmmm, was just asked if I would like another coffee.  Pity.... I'm on a One Hour Park!




8 days
1184 High Street
Armidale Vic

1 comment:

  1. That cake looks very tempting, sitting here with a coffee at my computer and imagining sitting in your cafe seat...yum!

    ReplyDelete