Monday, November 5, 2012

Espresso Room - Northcote

My DH came across this place one morning and liked it that much he dragged me back at the first opportunity!

The first thing I noticed when walking through the doors is the space - there was lots of it, but I could imagine that in a few hours it would be crammed packed with "Regulars" all enjoying their favourite breakfast from the extensive menu or just a coffee and the paper.







The decor of the place lent itself superbly to 'playing' with the Sepia filter settings on my camera while waiting for our breakfast to arrive.
Everywhere your eye fell - there was some other treasure to discover.


Our drinks arrived quickly and spying a Coffee Roaster in the corner of the room, I assume that they roast their own.  The only query I have about the coffee is - Is it a normally strong blend? Or did the Barrista not notice that my order was for a half strength Latte?

Breakfast saw me going outside my comfort zone and ordering something different - after all, that IS why we try different cafes isn't it?  I can't see the point of going somewhere new and ordering the same old 'Toast and Vegemite' I can make at home.


DH had an Omelet with fresh Tomato, which was light and fresh and huge, sitting on a bed of toast (perhaps to keep it off a cold plate?)

and I had Dukka Eggs on Wholegrain Toast with Fresh baby spinach and marinated Capsicum and Goats Cheese.

It was very tasty, with lots of toast underneath, and perfect poached eggs, although the small crumb of Goat's Cheese was hardly enough to be included on the menu description, but still a perfect breakfast, that is... until I got to the capsicum.
If I ever ordered it again I would be asking if they would swap it for something else like semi sundried tomato, as a massive hit of garlic infused oil at 8:00 am was .... going too far out of that comfort zone.

Would I return?  Yes, if I was in the area. The waitress was lovely and very attentive, and the menu had lots of other intriguing dishes that I would be tempted to try.









Espresso Room
Shop 1, 410 High Street
Northcote Vic 3070

No comments:

Post a Comment