Tuesday, October 3, 2017

A side trip to Brunnen and - a factory . . . .



My DH has often told me over the years that he REALLY enjoyed Train Travel - which, he assures me is quite different from his daily commute.

So, today we are back on a very comfy Train for a side trip down to Brunnen on the coast of Lake Lucerne.


It was raining, but that didn't concern us as our destination was just over an hour away, plenty of time for the weather to change.

It is a place that I thought, when researching our trip,
'WOW wouldn't that be fun to go to - seeing we were in the neighbourhood?'



After all, I have had a connection with this place since at least 1985
when a certain TV show made quite the impact on a generation of Kids as well as the timeline of this Company.

And I have been carrying a
Victorinox Swiss Army Knife ever since!



And yes, there have been times 
when the sight of a 'Woman of a certain Age'
 producing that little Red packet of intrigue from her handbag 
and fixing whatever needs fixing
Has raised eyebrows.

And now I have a new accessory - 
a Glasses Screwdriver which winds onto the Corkscrew!


I was like a 'kid in a candy shop'
So many to choose from!!

Swiss Army Knives in every size and Model
 from the round tipped Children's version 
to the Guinness World Record - 
87 Tools with 141 Different functions Pen knife.

More like a Coffee Table Edition than a Pocket Knife!



You can buy Swiss Army Knives anywhere,
but this is the only place you can actually make your own!


And there are the Other products at Victorinox
  but at CHF 2195
I won't be buying a Swiss Army Watch any time soon!






Our Day's outing was an adventure and one we thoroughly enjoyed. 

The Village with it's picturesque houses and shops is Beautiful sitting between the Alps and the Waters of Lake Lucerne.





There is so much to see and enjoy 
by jumping on a Train or Bus and going off the Tourist Track.

Somewhere to come back to "one day" but maybe we will take the BOAT!











1 comment:

  1. That's great! I have a small black Swiss Army knife on my keyring. I've had it for over 20 years and it comes in handy for for heaps of things.

    Although I have no idea what the TV show was, as I didn't have a TV in 1985, or for a few years after that.

    ReplyDelete